July 30, 2014

Affordable US Destinations

A friend asked me to create a post about good trips for long weekends. Coincidentally, I came across this list from Travel+Leisure magazine of the Best US Cities for Affordable Getaways. I'm not going to reinvent the wheel here so I'll post the link to the list below. You can go there for details. I will list the cities though. 

So....by request, here's a list of awesome US Cities for Affordable Getaways. Some can even be turned into awesome road trips! (I left off a few like Dallas, Austin and Houston). In no particular order:
  1. Atlanta, GA
  2. Denver, CO (or Aspen)
  3. Baltimore
  4. Philadelphia
  5. Dallas
  6. San Juan, PR
  7. Charleston, SC
  8. Portland, OR
  9. New Orleans 
  10. Portland, ME 
  11. Providence, RI
  12. Savannah, GA
  13. Salt Lake City, UT
  14. Memphis. TN
  15. Minneapolis/St. Paul
  16. Nashville, TN
  17. Kansas City, MO (or Branson)
Here's the link US Cities for Affordable Getaways. Remember, these are affordable US destinations and certainly not an exhaustive list of US Destinations. 

Of this list, New Orleans is one of my favorites. It's like being in a whole different country bc the culture is so unique. Oh...and the food is amazing. Be prepared to gain a solid 5 lbs. I'm also partial to San Juan.

I also particularly agree with Denver. We went there last year and it is an absolutely stunning place to visit. I'm a huge fan of National Parks. Think Yellowstone, Yosemite, Rocky Mountain, Grand Canyon etc. I've been dying to get to Niagra Falls...someone should go there soon.  

Are you considering the Great Outdoors? Why not try the Adirondacks?

If you're looking for wineries, consider some less obvious options like Texas wine country, Georgia and Charlottesville, VA. We actually found a pretty awesome winery in Boulder too. 

Spa Trip in Arizona?

What about Martha's Vineyard or the Hamptons? Lake Tahoe? 

Generally any place in California is beautiful. I suggest a roadtrip along Route 1 for some of Cali's most breathtaking views.

Lonely Planet released a list in December 2013: Top 10 US travel destinations for 2014.

I hope this helps inspire someone to take a trip. The summer is nearly over...you deserve a tan. 

**There's no where to go but everywhere...so get going! ! The Green Eyed Venuist

No comments:

Post a Comment